Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dead Squirrel Run

Fun CrossFit Fact: On people's b-days there are especially fun (read: crazy intense) workouts to be had.

In fact, I plan on being sick for my b-day...actually, I plan on being sick on everybody's b-day from now on. Whew!

The workout board was la bled "Dead Squirrel Run," which I thought was the name of the workout. I figured by the time we were done we were all going to look like roadkill. It felt appropriate, especially when I found out we were doing 35 (The age of the guy) one arm db presses, one arm lunges, situps, ring dips, wall balls, box jumps, and burpees.

What they actually meant is the wanted us to run to the dead squirrel in the road and back. Really, some poor mummified squirrel in the middle of the road.

And, yes, this gym is run by guys. I think they are contemplating making shirts...

Anyway, as a side note I am hoping someone finds a pair of errant arms hanging around the gym somewhere. They're mine, I lost them at some point during the wall balls. I am checking the lost and found next time I am at the gym, I need them for Monday's workout.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

howdy old friend! just checked your blog today and i'm glad to see you're back at it! :) Your blog always makes me laugh out loud! AWESOME stuff you're doing! hope all is well!