Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wish I could say it started with a bang...

As an FYI, I am so not done with shout outs, but I decided to sprinkle them out through the posts.

I began my first week of training for the U.S. Toyota Open Tri this weekend. I wish I could tell you that it started with a bang...it started with more of a fizzle...maybe a snap, crackle, and then the popping sound of my lungs. Whew.

For starters I took nearly the entire week off from training after my IronGirls race. I did run, a little, because I knew that I had half marathon training. My hydration was bad, and I knew that this weekend would be rough. I bonked somewhere around two-thirds of the way into our 30 mile ride. I had flashbacks to my early training, the nauseousness, the weakness, and the pride being the only thing getting my bum back onto the saddle. And then we ran a pretty rough 7 miles this morning.

So ends my whining, but I want to look back on these posts and remember the workouts that were rough. So I don't look back with rose colored glasses about training and think it was all puppies and rainbows. It isn't always puppies and rainbows, a lot of times it is sweat, and tears, and a lot of other bodily functions I try not to think about too much.

Crazy.

Shout Out: To Tina who fell off the bike at White Rock. You messed up your shoulder, and you had a bruise the size of Texas. And yet you still made it to the Open Water Swim a week later. No whining around you, because you are one strong lady.

0 comments: