Friday, April 18, 2008

THE plan

Allright, allright...I have been meaning to post THE plan as I call it for a week or so now. I feel like I have to capitalize "the" just because it sounds like that when I say it out loud. :)

So I am not coordinated or naturally athletic, what is a girl to do? Get a coach and training partners of course. Last week I began a running class at a local run shop, and just Monday I went to a triathlon training orientation. Which was pretty funny.

We went around the room introducing ourselves and our athletic prowess, everyone in the room was commenting about being a competitive swimmer, or running half marathons. My response was I began running last week on Tuesday, so tomorrow will make it an entire week.

Now I know this might sound like I am doubting myself, but really this a training group designed with couch potatoes like myself in mind. So I didn't feel self conscious about it, and I honestly believe if you don't take yourself too seriously you will have a heck of a better time in awkward situations. That and I talk a lot when I feel nervous.

So here is THE plan: Run training from April 18th-May 15th, Triathlon training begins May 3rd. 1st triathlon: July 19th...20th...somewhere around there.

There is a little overlap that I am going to have to figure out, or just skip one workout or the other. I haven't worked out all the details just yet. The hardest part is that 50-75% of the training is happening about 30 min from my apartment (55 in traffic...which there will be because evening practices start at 6pm, so good times in rush hour for me.)

0 comments: